This is a quick and easy queso dip that also freezes really well.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- 16 oz. can salsa
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- Two 14 oz. cans of chili con carne chili
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into smaller pieces c. shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
Brown the ground beef with the kosher salt, black pepper, chipotle chile powder, ancho chile powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and hot sauce. Drain excess fat and set aside.
In a stock pot, mix together the green chiles, diced tomatoes, salsa, and chili over medium heat. Allow mixture to warm up, then add add the cream cheese, stirring to combine. Add the shredded cheeses, stirring to melt and combine. Add the ground beef and allow mixture to bubble slightly before serving. Be sure to stir frequently as the queso can stick and burn.
This can also be made in a slow-cooker, combining the ingredients over low heat and allowing the cream cheese and shredded cheese to melt fully after each addition.